Call for Tutorial Proposals
The Conference series on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) is the premier international forum interdisciplinary research on the design of systems that can recognize, interpret, and simulate human emotions and related affective phenomena. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer science, psychology, and cognitive science.
Affective Computing aims at the study and development of systems and devices that use emotion. The theme of the 2021 edition of the conference
is “Ethical Affective Computing” considering ethical uses, fairness and bias in emotional AI.
We encourage tutorial proposals which address topics of affective computing and intelligent interaction in introductory or advanced levels to complement the conference’s program. In general, tutorials may introduce an uprising issue to the related research discussed at ACII 2021, or reflect an overview of an important, but already established topic, both presented in an illustrative fashion. For this, we expect that the tutors focus on the state-of-the-art or the main ideas of the proposed topic rather than primary on the presenters’ own research interests. Tutorials oriented toward more applied aspects of affective computing and intelligent interaction are also welcome, such as the presentation of tools and methodologies common for the processing of affective data.
The tutorials can be organised as either half-day (preferred) or full-day events and will take place at the same venue as the main conference. The proposals will be evaluated based on the impact, quality, interdisciplinary character, presentation format as well as the theme and relevance to the conference.
Proposal Submission Instructions
Tutorial proposals should not exceed 4 pages and have to be emailed to Shogo Okada and Guillaume Chanel. Please use “[ACII2021] Tutorial Proposal” in the subject line. All proposals should be prepared in PDF providing the following information:
- Tutorial Title
- Duration: half-day, full-day
Note: Half-day (3h) tutorials are preferred and are the common ACII tutorial format; Full-day (6h) tutorial proposals have to justify for the additional value
- Presenter(s) Name and Affiliation
- Contact Information of the Tutorial Organiser
- Description of the Proposal (including a few relevant references and links to material useful for review)
- Explanation of Relevance of the Proposed Tutorial
- Description of Presentation Format and Style (several presenters, video conferencing, specific media, etc.)
- Equipment required for the Tutorial
- CV of Presenter(s)
- Key Publications of Presenter(s) (especially on the Tutorial Topic)
- Target Audience (e.g. early-stage or advanced researchers in the field, students, etc.)
- Provided accompanying Material (specific requirements)
- Other Considerations/Comments related to the Proposal or the Reviewing
The tutorial organisers will take care of any specific requirements which are related to the tutorial such as specific handouts, mass storages, rights of distribution (material, handouts, etc.), copyrights, etc.
- Tutorial Proposal Deadline:
May 10, 2021extended to May 17th, 2021
- Tutorial Acceptance Notification: May 31, 2021
- Tutorial day: September 28, 2021
Please forward any questions about tutorial proposals to the tutorial chairs:
Shogo Okada: [okada-s_at_jaist.ac.jp]
Guillaume Chanel. [guillaume.chanel_at_unige.ch]