Call for Workshops and Challenges
The organizing committee of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) 2021 is now inviting proposals for workshops and challenges. The biennial conference is the flagship conference for research in Affective Computing, covering topics related to the study of intelligent systems that read, express, or otherwise use emotion.
Workshops at ACII allow a group of scientists an opportunity to get together to network and discuss a specific topic in detail. Examples of past workshops include: Emotions in Games, Affective Brain-Computer Interfaces, Affective Touch, Group Emotions, Affective Computing for Affective Disorders, etc. We want to encourage workshop proposals that draw together interdisciplinary perspectives on topics in affective computing. We also welcome Challenge-type workshops, where workshop participants would work on a shared task. Proposals are also encouraged that make a connection to the theme of the conference on “Ethical Affective Computing”, and consider issues around the ethical use of affective computing technologies.
Workshops should focus on a central question or topic, and will be held the day before the conference. Workshop organizers will be responsible for soliciting and reviewing papers, and putting together an exciting schedule. We also encourage workshop organizers to allow for time for networking and discussion. Workshop organizers are also expected to present a short summary of the workshop during the main conference to allow dissemination of the workshop outcomes to the wider community.
- Title of Workshop
- Organizers and affiliations, with a main contact person identified if there are multiple organizers
- Rationale for the workshop, which should cover the importance and timeliness of the proposed topic to ACII, as well as the scope of the workshop.
- Expected outcomes and impact of the workshop
- Length of workshop (full-day or half-day)
- Proposed format of workshop (e.g., oral presentations, poster session, breaks).
- List of tentative and confirmed PC members (mention, per PC member, whether tentative or confirmed)
- Workshop PC members are in charge of the peer review process, and the workshop organizer will collate and recommend acceptances of the papers to ACII Workshop Chairs.
- Expected number of submissions, planned acceptance rate, and paper length, review process (with schedule)
- We recommend a workshop paper submission deadline sometime in May, with notifications due back to authors by June or early July, in time for Camera Ready papers due July 30, 2021
- We will work with workshop organizers to have access to the conference submission system that we will be using for the main conference (details TBA to accepted workshops).
- For challenge-type workshops, please include details on the shared task/dataset and on the schedule (e.g., timeline for release of training data, baseline model results, etc).
- Advertising plan (e.g. listserves or conferences or other communities that you will advertise the workshop call to). Also include where you plan to host the workshop website.
- Tentative/confirmed keynote speaker(s): please include short biographical details and details on the topic.
- Any logistical requirements.
- List of related and previous workshops/conferences on this/related topics.
Workshop proposal submission deadline:
Feb 21, 2021 Extended till Feb 23rd
Notification of acceptance of Workshop proposal: Mar 7, 2021
Workshop paper submission deadline: May (TBD by workshop organizers)
Workshop paper notification: June/July (TBD by workshop organizers)
Workshop Camera Ready Papers Due (same as main conference): July 30, 2021
Date of Workshops: September 28, 2021